Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Friday, 8 October 2010

Something For The Weekend?

Nebraska won easily last night, so a couple of decent College Football results after last week's poor NFL run.

Another international break this weekend and to be honest there's not much looking at in terms of league football. Having said that, there are a couple of games worth looking at in the lower divisions in England, so without further ado...

nPower League 1:
I've mentioned Brighton a couple of times this season and the Seagulls are the form team in League 1 at the moment, showing a big improvement from last season. Peterborough, Bournemouth and Rochdale - none of whom were in this division last year - are also performing well. At the other end of the table Walsall and Brentford have gone backwards and I'm going to recommend Walsall for relegation.
Brighton kick off the weekend - they're playing Bournemouth on Saturday lunchtime, the game is live on Sky Sports 2 (12.15pm). Brighton haven't lost at home this season and haven't been behind at half time either but there's no value in applying the strategy with no name here. Not only that, laying Bournemouth could be expensive if the game is a draw. So I'm just going to recommend backing Brighton for promotion.


nPower League 2:
Port Vale are the form team, but Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, Rotherham and Accrington are all looking good too. At the bottom, Bradford and Hereford are struggling and considering they reached the playoffs last season, Morecambe are also doing badly, possibly due to New Stadium Syndrome. I'm backing Port Vale for promotion and Hereford to be relegated: by sheer coincidence they play each other at Edgar Street on Saturday afternoon.
Hereford's home form this season is terrible - they've not been ahead at half time and haven't won yet and I think half time is where the opportunity lies as Port Vale haven't been behind after 45 minutes. Unfortunately there's no value in it; so I'm recommending under 2.5 goals instead as Hereford are having trouble scoring.

And that's it. I'm not going to be able to monitor College Football on Saturday but I'll be posting some NFL tips at some point during the weekend, so for now - good hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment