Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Friday, 20 August 2010

Something For The Weekend?

Sundsvall beat Ljungskile 3-2 last night: 2-0 up at half time, the home team increased their lead to 3-0 with about ten minutes left but then conceded two goals in a minute right at the end of the game, giving the impression that the game was far closer than it actually appeared to be.

Still, it was the half time score that I was interested in and that paid off so I'm not complaining; Norkopping and Ljungskile now have a nine point lead at the top of the Superettan and (to use a robust cliche that has stood the test of time) this looks like it could be a two horse race that goes right down to the wire.

There are a few interesting games over the weekend, I'm not going to go into great amounts of detail but the following positions may be worth either taking or at least monitoring:

* Birmingham City to beat Blackburn, an alternative way of looking at this would be laying Blackburn (currently 3.8 on Betfair)
* Laying Barnsley, who travel to Bristol City in the nPower Championship. Barnsley haven't won there since 1993. The lay is available for 4.6 right now.
* Laying 0-0 between Leeds and Millwall in the nPower Championship - they've never been involved in a 0-0 draw and that's going back to 1931. However...there's always a first time and insurance is recommended, especially as the current lay price is 12.5; the best fixed odds for 0-0 is 10/1, with the current favourite correct score 1-1 at 7/1.

There are a couple of others that I will post if I get time, if not have a good weekend and happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment