Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Sunday, 12 September 2010

NFL Tips & College Roundup

Week 1 of the NFL started on Thursday when New Orleans beat Minnesota 14-9 and although I normally wait a couple of weeks before getting involved, there are three games that are worth a look today. All kick off at 6pm GMT.

* Cincinnati  @ New England

The Patriots are on a ten game home winning streak in the regular season; the Bengals were better on the road in 2009 than they have been in previous seasons but still lost three of their last five road trips. I've already backed New England to win the AFC East. Patriots by ten looks likely.

* Detroit @ Chicago

I don't think the Lions will win this particular game (they've lost their last 20 road trips by an average of almost 17 points per game), but they are due an away win soon and it might be worth looking for opportunities later in the season - the game at Buffalo on November 14th might be the one. Could be closer than expected.

* Oakland @ Tennessee

Mixed feeling about this one as I've been an Oakland fan for years but I won the main fantasy league I play in because of the outstanding stats Chris Johnson had last season. There's more chance of me winning the fantasy league again than the Raiders winning this game.

All four of the college teams I backed to win their conferences won their individual games yesterday, so I'm pleased with their progress so far. The most impressive win was Oregon's 48-13 victory at Tennessee: the Ducks scored 45 unanswered points at Neyland Stadium for a come from behind win.

No comments:

Post a Comment