The NFL season starts tomorrow and although I'm probably going to be more interested in individual games until the playoffs start, I've got a couple of divisional recommendations to make.
Dallas Cowboys to win the NFC East: the Cowboys were the team of the 90s in this division, winning it six times in ten seasons before going into an eight year slump. They've won two of the last three titles and look a good proposition to win another. I'd leave them alone from a Superbowl point of view though - the game is being played at the new Cowboys stadium and no team has ever won the Vince Lombardi trophy in their own stadium.
There's also a case for laying current champions New Orleans as there hasn't been a back to back Superbowl winner for a while (same with the Champions League but more of that in another post) - I don't think that they're as good as the San Francisco 49ers were back in the day and also because I think the New England Patriots will not only win the AFC East but also look a decent punt for the whole thing. The bookies have the Patriots similarly priced to New York Jets, but I think Jets QB Mark Sanchez might have a difficult second year at the helm of the Jets offense.
And that's it. The San Diego Chargers will probably run away with the AFC West but don't really represent any value; three of the four teams in the NFC West stand a chance of winning it and the southern divisions in both conferences only go back eight seasons, which isn't really enough data...having said that, the Indianapolis Colts will probably win the AFC South.
Bumper post coming on Friday as I've found some opportunities in England and Scotland (and possibly Germany) this weekend but I need to make sure that they're profitable ones. If there's time I'll include some College and NFL picks too.

No comments:
Post a Comment