Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Monday, 30 August 2010

Something For The Weekend II

I had to attend to some bits and pieces on Saturday - which is why this post is a bit late - but overall I was quite pleased with how things turned out.

I strongly suspect I was not the only person who got Spurs v Wigan completely wrong, but if Tottenham's defeat is anything to go by it might be worth looking at how they do in the Premiership games immediately after they've played in the Champions League. I'll add them to the calendar later on.

Frank Lampard should not take penalties for England or Chelsea and if he ever has kids he shouldn't be allowed to take them in any kind of Kids v Dads game either, unless the penalty spot is moved back another twelve yards and there's either no crossbar or it's 50 feet high. I thought Chelsea v Stoke wouldn't be 7-0 again but even if Lampard had scored it might still have turned out 2-0.

However...Ipswich, Sheffield United and Leyton Orient all won and Brighton finally managed to end the Walsall curse. I eventually went for Over 2.5 goals in the Manchester United v West Ham game and also did  the same thing in the Bundesliga game between Wolfsburg and Mainz, which finished 3-4! It's definitely worth keeping an eye on Over 2.5 in all of Wolfsburg's home games in the Bundesliga and I'll put the numbers up the next time the Wolves are home after the international break as well as adding their home games to the calendar.

One lay to report now and possibly one for later: I don't think Paragon's Folly will win the 2.25 at Ripon. I'll update the post later if the second lay shows promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment