Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Tuesday 4th January

I'll start with the results round up - I only missed on one yesterday (Barnsley v Coventry) as I decided not to touch Atletico Madrid's game because the price had shortened too much before kick off. As a basic rule of thumb I won't back a selection if the returns are going to be less than half of the stake.


I traded out of my position on Reading v Burnley for a small profit, but the situation I was most pleased with on Monday was the goals bet on the Real Zaragoza/Real Sociedad game. Zaragoza's Braulio Nobrega scored right at the end of the game to give the hosts a 2-1 win!


There weren't as many opportunities in today's games as I thought - statistically speaking Manchester United look as if they should beat Stoke, but it might be more profitable to look at over 2.5 goals. Three of the last five league games at Old Trafford have been overs and Stoke have failed to score in eight of their last ten visits, so it looks as if United might have to do all the work. However, although Stoke have been beaten away from home without scoring on three occasions this season, they've yet to concede three or more goals in any of their games in the Premiership.


On the other hand...there might be under 2.5 goals in every game in the Greek Super League over the next couple of days. The likelihood of that happening is remote, so I'm tentatively recommending under 2.5 in the game between Aris Salonica and Kavala - but once again, this depends on the best prices before kickoff (5:30pm GMT). If the price shortens to under 1.5 it's not worth taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment