Here's how the weekend went:
Well Done, Keep It Up:
* Brentford 1, Hartlepool 1
* Shrewsbury 3, Northampton 1
Nice call on laying 0-0. Shrewsbury’s scoring record against the Cobblers continues.
Could Do Better:
* Stoke 1, West Ham 1
Looking back on what I wrote - which I now realise didn't actually include any recommendations - I was half right. Big groan from the comfy chair when Kenwyne Jones hit the post. Strategy with no name worked, straight Stoke bet didn't.
* Dundee 0, Raith 0
Got the result wrong but the Dundee clean sheet right.
* Manchester United 3, Liverpool 2
2-0 with a United clean sheet was looking good until Johnny Evans gave away the penalty: despite singing the ‘miss it’ song as loud as I could, Steven Gerrard ended any interest I had in the correct score and clean sheet market. Laying 0-0 was the correct decision; hands up if anyone had Dimitar Berbatov to score a hat-trick? No, thought not.
See Me After Class:
* Wolfsburg 2, Hannover 96 0
May have to re-assess Wolfsburg on a game by game basis - if Steve McClaren's tightened them up then goals may fewer at the VW Arena than they have been in recent seasons.
* Walsall 1, Swindon 2
Guessing Isn't An Option:
* Tranmere 1, Charlton 1
Avoiding this one was the correct decision as I didn't think Tranmere would win
* Queen's Park 2, East Stirling 0
Easy to be wise after the event isn't it!
NFL:
Green Bay won as expected, but Dallas lost and with two defeats they really do need to win their next game (a difficult looking one at Houston) as the other teams in their division are all 1-1 and can still be overtaken. San Diego beat Jacksonville by 25 points and Peyton’s Colts beat Eli’s Giants in the Manning Bowl.
And With The Benefit Of Hindsight...
Not the worst weekend there's ever been, although it wasn't as good as last week. One thing that really stands out is that laying 0-0 can be a very profitable strategy as well as an absolute nightmare in terms of liabilities as can laying road dogs in the NFL.
However, it's a new week, there's still money in the bank and I've got my eye on some games in the Allsvenskan and the Russian Premiership...more later.

No comments:
Post a Comment