Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Monday, 27 September 2010

Monday Round Up

A mixed weekend, the only real disaster was Coventry's home defeat to Preston, but once again I imagine I wasn't the only punter who got that wrong. Here's the round up.

Spot On:
Alabama 24, Arkansas 20
Birmingham 0, Wigan 0
Fulham 0, Everton 0

OK, I recommended straight bets for Birmingham and Fulham wins but both of them would have been good value if they'd won and dutching Fulham/draw produced a nice result. The Alabama/Arkansas game was a good one too.

Mixed:
Notre Dame 14, Stanford 37
Morecambe 2, Barnet 2

Morecambe had to come from behind twice to earn a point. Almost a disaster, but thanks to a goal from veteran Morecambe midfielder Paul Mullen it wasn't; may have to keep an eye on backing Morecambe at their new stadium as they haven't won there yet.
Stanford look like the real deal though - they've got a massive game at Oregon on Saturday that I might get involved with.

Wrong, But Worth A Small Punt:
Rutgers 13, North Carolina 17

Lost:
Coventry 1, Preston 2

No Harm Done:
Albion Rovers 3, Elgin 1
East Stirling 0, Berwick 0
The enigma of the Scottish 3rd Division continues.

I stayed up far too late on Saturday night/Sunday morning, so I didn't post any NFL picks yesterday. Of the games I followed, I won two and lost one (I picked Houston over Dallas) but one of the wins was down to Oakland missing a last second field goal that would have won their game at Arizona. Classic Raiders.

Lessons Learned:
* Adding the home win/draw percentages was a really good idea - there was an 80% chance of winning by dutching home win/draw for every Premiership game, but this weekend's results have reduced that to 76.7%. Food for thought.

* The college football game selection policy is a good one and I'll keep that going.

* Always bet against Oakland in the NFL. Much as I hate doing that, it seems to be profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment