Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Sunday, 5 September 2010

The Good Run Continues...For How Long?

It's an understatement to say that at about 5:00pm GMT yesterday I was very pleased indeed.

Everything came in; even the two games I decided to leave alone, which on the one hand is annoying, but on the other is a very positive indication that the voodoo I use is currently working very well indeed. In case you're worried, it's not actually voodoo and I also don't have a copy of Biff Tannen's sports almanac from 'Back To The Future' - it's a statistically based system that's always evolving and involves a number of failsafes, which is why some events are part of a watching brief.

Only one soccer game of any note today - it's been a while since I got involved in a game in Brazil's Serie A and the game between Avai and Atletico Paranaense (kick off 8:00pm GMT) looks like it might be worth considering. However, I'm going to exercise some caution here as Avai lost at Santos on Thursday evening, which is a similar kind of turnaround to a Premier team playing in the Europa League and then turning out for a Sunday afternoon game. There's also a minor problem with the fact that these two have only played each other once in the Campeonato in Florianopolis (Avai won 2-0 last October) but to be honest Atletico's recent away record in the league is so poor that probably doesn't matter.

The Strategy With No Name is going to make yet another appearance here - Avai or draw at half time is worth dutching (83% of games in the Campeonato at half time have been home/draw at half time), but I'm recommending laying Atletico - even though they won their last away game, they haven't won back to back away games in the league since August 2009. Avai haven't lost consecutive home games since July 2009, I'm going to have a small punt on a straight Avai win.

Couple of college football games later on, my advice is to lay SMU in their game at Texas Tech - Texas Tech has won the last six games between these two and have won the last three in Lubbock by an average of 38 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment