Pages

Who Are Ya?

My photo
Bristol, South West, United Kingdom
Citizen of the UK, where gambling is legal.

Thursday, 5 August 2010

Helsingborgs Remain Unbeaten...Just

Helsingborgs 3, Djurgardens 3: A very, very, very late equaliser by new signing Alexander Gerndt saved Helsingborgs' unbeaten home record. The goal not only completed his hat-trick but also saved me £16 ($25) as I was so confident that Helsingborgs wouldn't loose that I'd laid Djurgardens at 9.0.

Helsingborgs played the entire second half with ten men after Marcus Lantz was given a straight red following a two footed tackle on Djurgardens' Kennedy Igboananike, who had opened the scoring a couple of minutes earlier. Despite their nunerical disadvantage, Helsingborgs were leading 2-1 after 57 minutes - which is arguably where I should have traded out - however, the insurance was in place and I was going to let the bet ride when Gerndt scored his third.

Aftonbladet has clips from the game here, may be up on Youtube tomorrow.

Overall the last couple of days have been interesting to say the least - a 73p loss on Betfair which was offset somewhat by the 1p overall profit on the half time insurance bet of draw/Djurgardens. I spent more than that on my lunch today but arguably the most significant thing that's happened over the last couple of days is that I successfully laid Safari Guide at Kempton yesterday - so the bizarre July 'winning' streak was snapped at four and I'll be recommending some more lays when some worthwhile prospects come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment