While everyone else is looking at the Champions League Play Offs, I was originally going to be looking at Bohemians v Bray Wanderers in the Airtricity Irish Premiership.
Bohemians are heavy favourites at 1.22 despite their recent home form being a bit inconsistent (3-5-2); Bray's price is currently somewhere between 15 and 19.5 which appears to be driven by Bray's awful record at Dalymount Park (two wins in the last fifteen games there - including the corresponding game last season); they've also lost six of their last ten away games.
Having said that...the trade potential is in the goals, or rather the lack of them. I don't think there will be that many, which is at odds (excuse the pun) with this morning's prices but even this looks like a punt due to Bray's poor defensive record - on the other hand, there's a reasonable chance that Bohemians could keep a clean sheet.
It's actually quite hard to see much value from any angle (apart from a Bray win) so despite ticking nearly all of the boxes for a system game, I'm going to leave this game alone. As I've said before, the best way to save money in the long run is not to get involved: there will always be other games with better prospects.
I bought the Racing & Football Outlook Football Guide 2010/11 at lunchtime (which at £6.99 - $11 or so - is a no brainer) and Cambridge United v Crawley Town looks like the kind of game I'd be interested in if it was later in the season as I think Cambridge United might represent good value at 2.5 (6/4). Watching brief for that one though as it's too early.

No comments:
Post a Comment